top of page


Protecting And Enforcing Employee Rights

Our employment lawyers have over 20 years of combined experience fighting for aggrieved employees. Your case will be treated with the utmost attention and dedication that it deserves. We represent individuals facing the following types of workplace problems:

icons8-gender-equality-100 (1).png

Gender Discrimination

icons8-fight-100 (1).png


icons8-age-timeline-100 (1).png

Age Discrimination

icons8-harassment-100 (1).png

Sexual Harassment

icons8-layoff-100 (1).png

Wrongful Termination

icons8-disability-100 (1).png

Disability Discrimination

We Will Seek Compensation On
Your Behalf

At Sykes & Associates, our employment litigation attorneys believe in upholding justice on behalf of our clients while working towards obtaining maximum compensation for their lost wages, emotional distress, lost benefits, and more. According to the EEOC, victims of workplace discrimination are within their rights to pursue compensation for damages they suffered as a result. These damages may include:

Loss of income, both current and future

Medical expenses if applicable

Mental anguish

Out-of-pocket expenses related to looking for a job

Pain and suffering and inconvenience

Loss of enjoyment in life

Psychological trauma

Legal fees (e.g., reimbursement for attorney’s fees, court fees, and expert witness fees)

What Should I do If I Have Been a Victim of Employment Discrimination

If you have been discriminated against, you have many legal options. However, your first and most critical step should be to call an experienced employment lawyer. Employment discrimination matters are quite complex, very fact specific and stressful. An experienced lawyer can guide you through the process, advise you of your rights and the law, and develop a plan forward.

What we Do

The following are some legal actions we can take against your employer or former employer after a discriminatory act has taken place:


File an administrative charge with the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission (EEOC)

File a lawsuit in Federal Court

File a lawsuit in Municipal or State Court

Report the incident(s) to the New York City Commission on Human Rights

Report the incident(s) to the New York State Division of Human Rights

Let one of our qualified employment discrimination attorneys help you decide on which legal path to pursue. We treat every client as an individual, not a case number. Our employment lawyers want to ensure you get every single protection the law affords.

bottom of page